Thursday, December 17, 2009

Annoying Spam Text Messages & Experiences of Indian Customers - SMS Sabotage

Annoying Spam Text Messages & Experiences of Indian Customers - SMS Sabotage

I decided to wake up late on a Sunday morning when a beep of an SMS alert on my mobile phone woke me up. I annoyingly woke up to see a religious promotional quotation which kept popping up at least 15-20 times a day for the last one month. After an hour, I again got a message from the same number saying 30 bucks have been deducted from my prepaid mobile connection for using their premium service for the last month. This raised my frustration to its boiling point.

Spam text messages are growing out of control raising questions as to how the marketing companies catch hold of the database of millions of numbers. Messages generally comprise of ring tone download offers, nonsensical cricket quiz, insurance policies, bank loans, stock options, astrology and the list is ruthlessly unending. These include some automated voice calls as well, which keep coming until you pick up the call.

Generally this menace rises exponentially on the weekends with a wake up call early in the morning. Sometimes a glitch in the system causes the same message to be received at least 4-5 times.





No comments:

Followers