Monday, January 18, 2010

Competition With Self - Realistic Goal Setting : New Self Development Article

Competition With Self - Realistic Goal Setting : New Self Development Article

The process of competition can be turned into pleasant one if we shift our focus from-

“I will beat all others to become number one in my field.” To- “I will perform this time better than I performed last time on my chosen field/area. I will work on goals and deadlines defined by myself.”

The key to changed outlook is realistic goal setting and honest judgment of performance.

Consider the following advantages-

Working with the known - In place of worrying about unknown competitors and estimating their capabilities, you work on yourself. And you know (at least) yourself better. So the process becomes easy and manageable and you enjoy doing it.

Control over goals & deadlines - You are the best judge of your capabilities, your environment and your limitations. So you can decide realistic goals and time frames to achieve these. These entities are not imposed on you from outside.






No comments:

Followers