Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Believe in the Youth Of Today - New Article on Contentwriter.in

I Believe….In the Youth Of Today

As a young citizen of India,
armed with technology, knowledge and love for my nation,
I realize, small aim is a crime.
 
I will work and sweat for a great vision,
the vision of transforming India into a developed nation
powered by economic strength with value system.
 
I am one of the citizens of a billion,
only the vision will ignite the billion souls.
It has entered into me,
the ignited soul compared to any resource,
is the most powerful resource
on the earth, above the earth and under the earth.
 
I will keep the lamp of knowledge burning
to achieve the vision-Developed India.

 
The above poem (Song of the Youth) was written by our dear former President, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. Let us all understand the message of this poem....this poem is an inspiration, a motivation and a dream.
 
I believe in the youth of today. I have utmost faith in the young adults of our country who I feel, have the potential to take our nation to great heights. We are the future- the fate of our country lies in our hands.
 
Many a time we hear the older generation remark “When I was your age I had so many responsibilities. Unlike you I didn’t just have to worry about my studies but a hundred other things. I didn’t have access to the luxuries you have and nor did I spend my time aimlessly watching TV, talking on the phone etc.” Yet I believe their times were different and they did whatever was right in their times. We may not have as many responsibilities as our parents did but this is not to say that we are not focused or don’t put in hard work. Many disapprove of us, saying that, all we are interested in is to spend money on partying, shopping, eating out etc. They believe that our lifestyle is only confined to gizmos, gadgets, discos and pubs. Though I don’t deny all of the above, yet I place confidence in ourselves. We can also be an assiduous and diligent generation. All around us we have examples of self made youth icons who have shone in their respective fields. M.S Dhoni, Sania Mirza, Abhinav Bindra, Priyanka Chopra, Sachin Pilot, Anoushka Shankar are a few which come to mind.
 
Every generation has its own defining qualities. The generation that came of age in the 21st century is marked by its single-minded quest for success and achievement. Some equate success with being famous, others with being rich, and still others at excelling in their chosen field. No matter how ambitious or humble their dreams, youngsters today show a strong will to work towards them. This Gen X/Y/ Next/Youngistan (as you would call us) is an impatient one. We have access to the latest technology, software and gadgets. Critics might castigate us for our excessive dependence on technology yet I feel a lot of what we are today is because of it. Technology has made us feel empowered. Today’s generation is well informed with whatever is going around their immediate environment while being well-versed with the happenings of the world as well. Infact I believe we are much more knowledgeable generation than the previous one.
 
We are an extremely confident, self-assured and a positive generation. We have our goals set and we are working hard to achieve them. The 21st century generation is changing the face of India. It is upbeat, optimistic and filled with energy. There is an upsurge in young talent and a dramatic increase in accomplishments on international platforms. The avenues and opportunities open to the young today have multiplied, but so has our drive to succeed.
 
The youth can stand up and make India an India which the World has never seen before.. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam once said,” If India is to become developed by 2020, it will do so only by riding on the shoulders of the young” It is high time we realize it         

Guest Post By : Ayushmaan Datta, I am a student of class 11 from New Delhi and I am very passionate about creative writing.

No comments:

Followers