Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Music Article Courtesy Musicalescapades.com - Tips for Learning To Play Indian Classical Ragas on Spanish Guitar

Music Article Courtesy Musicalescapades.com - Tips for Learning To Play Indian Classical Ragas on Spanish Guitar

Music Articles - Ragas / Raagas - Guitar     

Learning to play Classical Indian Ragas on a Spanish Guitar can be quite a fulfilling experience especially if you have an interest in both Indian Classical Raagas and learning to master the finger movements on a Spanish Guitar.

I have had the good fortune of learning to play 4-5 Indian Ragas on my guitar. Though in the beginning, I was quite paranoid about the idea of learning to play a raag, it slowly grew on me! Up till that point, my only understanding of the word raag was limited to what I had heard a couple of times on television.

I knew it was not going to be easy but what I had no clue about was the fact that I was going to thoroughly enjoy playing it! I'd like to share by simple tips and experiences of learning to play ragas with those of you who might be thinking of doing the same :

Most Do's - Tips for learning to play a raag on your guitar -

    *      Understand the structure and elements that make up a Indian Raag / Raga.
    *      Understand how the Raag may be divided into systematic parts
    *     Begin by getting familiar with the swaras in the raag and the rules that apply to that specific raga. eg. certain notes may not be included ina particular raag as a rule - "ni" is not played (varjit) in Raga Bhupali
    *     Begin by playing the Aarah, Avroh and Pakkad - these should help you in familiarizing yourself with the swaras in the raga as well as the mood of the raaga.

Read more here: Music Article Courtesy Musicalescapades.com - Tips for Learning To Play Indian Classical Ragas on Spanish Guitar

Courtesy: www.musicalescapades.com Musical Resources India - Share Your Musical Escapades 


No comments:

Followers