Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Illness Vs. God - True Spiritual Experience : Presence of God in Times of Need - Story of Miraculous Recovery from Illness

Illness Vs. God - True Spiritual Experience : Presence of God in Times of Need - Story of Miraculous Recovery from Illness

Gandhi Ji used to say ‘There are many diseases in this world but there is only one physician – God’.

This theory was near to my mother’s heart too. She used to say that Basil leaves; the simple plant of Tulsi revered in most Hindu homes has the ability to delay the effects of cancer and sometimes in the early stages, could cure it too.

I must have been very small when this incident occurred because I don’t remember much. Apparently, I was struck with severe typhoid and was bed-ridden for quite sometime in our home. Doctors came and went and all the medicines prescribed by them were given to me regularly. The fever was not coming down and I had become very weak. I used to lie on my back day and night since I did not have the strength to turn on my side. This led to sever back ache and my frail frame broke my mother’s heart. I could not be persuaded to eat or drink much. Days passed and my appetite became worse with the continuous fever and discomfort.     

At this point, the simple task of opening my eyes had become too difficult for me. My mother feared I won’t survive due to sheer weakness. One night, as my mom lay next to me holding my hand, praying to Lord Krishna to help me, she dozed off. Suddenly, in the wee hours of the morning which she called the Brahma Muhurta, she opened her eyes to see a wonderful sight.

She saw that Lord Krishna was sitting beside me holding my hand and wiping my perspiring forehead with his other hand.



No comments:

Followers